- Spurrier, maybe you’ve heard, has won 14 straight against UK. Maybe you haven’t realized that his teams have scored 38 points or more in 9 of their last 10 games against the Wildcat defense. For his career, his teams have averaged 45.4 points against UK, while allowing just 17.2. The closest UK has come was a 24-20 loss to Florida in 1993.
- The last time a team came to South Carolina unbeaten this late in the season was 6-0 Tennessee in 1998. They beat the Gamecocks 49-14 and went on to a national title.
- South Carolina is 4-7 against ranked teams under Spurrier.
- Less-than capacity crowd with all the rain, though I expect it’ll fill in quickly. The game was not a sellout earlier this week, prompting Spurrier to try to rally the fans.
- This is UK’s fifth appearance on the Thursday night ESPN game. UK is 1-3 in those games, with three of them going to the wire. South Carolina is 4-1 in the series when the teams meet on ESPN or ESPN2.
- Press box menu: Spaghetti with meat sauce, baked chicken, potatoes, green beans, rolls, peach and cherry cobbler and (have to love football in the south) sweet tea.
- Kickoff is next.