– Pitt has won four of its past five games.
– The Panthers are 20-8 at Madison Square Garden since 2001. They’re 3-0 here this season and have won four of their past five in the Garden.
– Pitt has eliminated U of L from the Big East tourney each of the past two seasons.
– Pitt has advanced to six of the past seven Big East championship games.
– U of L is 16-22 all-time in Madison Square Garden. It won the 1956 NIT championship in the Garden, as well as the 1971 Holiday Festival. The last time the Cardinals played here was a loss to Pittsburgh in the Big East Tournament last season. U of L is 1-2 all-time in Big East Tournament games.
– The Cards have won 9 of their past 10.
– U of L coach Rick Pitino has a career record of 33-10 in conference tournament play, including wins in 26 of his last 31 conference tourney games.